Monday, September 21, 2015

Hi and Welcome!

Hello!  Welcome to my tiny little piece of the internet.  After much self reflection over the slow death of my marriage, I have decided to start writing about it.  "It" being my life.  The ins and outs and ups and downs of being 30 with a three year old daughter ending a relationship you have been in since you were a teenager.

Life is a little scary right now.  I have been with my former husband since I was 19.  This first time I moved out of my house, I moved in with him.  We have been together for nearly 11 years and most of it was wonderful.  We have a beautiful daughter who is the greatest joy and stress in both of our lives.  Life as I know it, and especially as she knew it, is changing.

My daughter and I moved into our own apartment which we will soon be sharing with my retired Father.  Yes, I will be 30 and living with my parents.  Something I never thought I would say.  Maybe saying he lives with me will make it sound better.  Either way, I am beyond grateful for his willingness to come and help me during a difficult transition.  My former husband and I are working on remaining friends despite a lot of mutual hurt and are doing everything we can to successfully co-parent our girl.  My emotions have been on a three month long roller-coaster that hasn't slowed down yet!

In the meantime, I am trying to find a way to balance being an always on Mommy and no longer on wife with being a 30 year old woman with her own interests and wants.  I want to do things that will make me happy.  I want to surround myself with people who bring me joy.  I want my daughter to see her mother as the happy person that I truly feel that I am on the inside.

So, that is a little about me and why I am writing.  Maybe you are on the verge of a divorce. Maybe you are 30 and want more happiness.  Maybe you have a young child who simultaneously drives you crazy and makes you beam with pride.  If so, then I hope that you will stick with me as I share my view of the roller-coaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment