Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Music Speaks When You Can't

Music has always filled about 60% of my brain and memory.  I can remember song lyrics like nothing else.  Music speaks to me.  I have been known to sing along to the music in the supermarket, even.  I write down song titles and lyrics that catch me no matter where I hear them.  My Pinterest account is full of song lyrics that I love.

During the last couple of months I have had a love/hate relationship with music.  Some songs cut me so deep that I can't even bear a note of them.  Others make me feel so calm and happy that I want to play them on repeat.  Then there are the ones in the middle that don't make me overly sad or happy but speak to me on a deeper level.  The kind where you hear them and think they are singing to you or about you.  The kind that leave you wistful for what they are singing about.  And, in my case, the kind that I add to my list of possible karaoke songs!

Right now, I am listening to John Mayer's "Born and Raised" essentially on repeat.  So many songs on this album are like the perfect trifecta of music qualities.  They calm me, make me think, and make me want to sing along.  Perfection.

Today, as I have just unpacked some of my belongings in my new apartment and am slowing bringing the rest over from my old house, one song in particular is speaking to me.  Do you have a song that speaks to your soul right now?


If I ever get around to living,
I'm gonna put my things away
In the drawers and in the closets
There I'll stay
Stay

If I ever get around to living,
It's gonna be just like I dreamed
I'm gonna take the love I'm given
And set it free
Free



No comments:

Post a Comment